Bruschetta is a wonderful way to use fresh tomatoes.
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes or 7 to 8 small plum tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 gloves garlic whole
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Dice the tomatoes and place in large mixing bowl. Add garlic, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Toss gently. Serve on fresh sliced French bread or garlic toast.
Contributed by: The State Street Kitchen