Smoky and delicious this colorful salad is super simple and travels well.
- 4 ears corn shucked and grilled
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell peppers chopped small
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely minced
- 1 and ½ can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra Virgin)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1-teaspoon paprika
- 1-teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 large ripe avocado thinly sliced for garnish
Our favorite CUTCO for the job
Allow grilled corn to completely cool. While corn is cooling in a large bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil dry spices, and chopped cilantro. Using a vegetable knife or a French chef's knife cut the kernels off of the cob, place in dressing. Add the diced red pepper black beans, thinly sliced scallions and toss well. Garnish with thinly sliced avocado.
Contributed by: The State Street Kitchen