- 1 - 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 - 1/2 sticks) butter well softened
- 1 - 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal - (not instant)
- 1 to 2 cups San Saba River Pecan Pie In-a-Jar
Nut Garnish (optional):
- 1 cup well-chopped pecans for topping
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spay.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and butter using an electric mixer on low speed. Whip until very well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture and oatmeal.
- Press half of the mixture into the prepared pan. Spread top with San Saba River Pecan Pie In-a-Jar to within ¼ inch of the pan’s edge.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture evenly over the jam and pat it down gently.
- Chop the pecans until fine (Cleaver is great for this) toss with brown sugar and then sprinkle over the top of the oat mixture.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for a good 25 to 30 minutes until top is brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. NOTE: You can cool the bars then cover with plastic wrap and keep in fridge up to 2 days. This is prefered as you get nice clean slices.
Contributed by: The State Street Kitchen