This healthy Mediterranean salad is loaded with fresh herbs, vegetables and flavor. It makes a wonderful picnic salad. The pasta holds up and it only gets better in the refrigerator after a couple of days. Add grilled chicken and you have a main entrée.
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup each red, green, yellow and orange peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup very finely diced red onion
- 1 can chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 and 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons (or more if needed) fresh chopped basil
- 8 cups orchiette pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop all vegetables and place them in a large bowl with artichoke hearts. Pour oil and rice wine vinegar over vegetables and then add chopped basil. Add pasta and shredded cheese, and season well with salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
Contributed by: The State Street Kitchen